Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Long Flights, Crazy Taxis, Checking In

Well, finally got here to St. Thomas but is was a long hike. I really didn't get much sleep last night and had to wake up this morning early to finish packing which is something I never like to do. Well we go to the the airport and on the first flight I slept through the whole thing which was really nice. Then, the next flight I stayed up and just ate snacks and read my book. When we were all ready to deplane all the lights went out so you could not see anything... I am glad that they stayed on during the plane ride or I would have freaked out. I already have a fear of flying and that would have just make it ten time worse! Well we got of the plane and then the taxi ride was interesting to say the least. He took for ever to get going and he packed the van full. Then he was driving so slow! So we drove through this sketchy neighbor hood to drop of some lady which was random but whatever I guess. Then he didn't realize that people wanted to be dropped off at different places so he was getting frustrated and he passed peoples destinations or was asking what do you want me to do! Um... drop us off at the right places! I have never liked taxis, I know that is kind of mean but they are really mean! well we finally arrived at the right spot and it took a while to check in cause they couldn't find our reservation. It was because my mom had already checked in or something. well we are here and it is a nice place and I will try to make the best of it but I do really miss home and all these crazy situations didn't make it help. Well I hope everyone has a good thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment