Thursday, December 9, 2010

Home Cookin' Weekend

This past weekend I wanted to make this yummy dish that I got from Kim Harrison's mom who actually got it from her mom.  I got it at a recipe exchange and I have loved it ever since!  Well so I decided to make it for Greg and me.  It has still lasted to this day it is so much food!  since I am a poor college student this works for me because it was about 15 bucks for about 5 days worth of dinners including other eating too.  Then I think on friday Greg and I went to target and he bought.... a turkey... a WHOLE 20 LB TURKEY. Why you ask... he wants real turkey sandwiches!  Haha oh goodness.  The turkey took forever to thaw and took just as long to cook.  Greg was probably up until 1 am cooking and pulling appart the bird. Well needless to say we had a weekend of good cooked food and have enjoyed it throughout the week :)

Me the Domestic Goddess... I get it from my mommy ;)



    

THE TURKEY

                                     

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I'm super impressed, I can cook, but I've never cooked a whole bird before. Looks delish, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete